Skirts are having their heydays, or at least in my hood they indeed do. Even during fall, I’m just not capable of giving up my favourite type of garments; skirts at all. And frankly, the jeans-flats-sweater combination is not the most feminine choice one can embrace. Are you with me? If so, then skirts up ladies, but which style exactly? Let’s review the most flattering skirt trends for Fall 2014!
- The A-line: If you were born to be minimalist, The Row’s ivory ‘Lynn’ midi skirt will be more than a pleasure to wear. This fluted A-line silhouette will work with everything from a silk camisole to a boxy knit. PS it’s such a universal piece, which you will be wearing more than twice, I’m pretty sure.
- The pencil: This mid-length pencil skirt from Ellery is a proper dream in pretty pink. Masterfully crafted in Australia, this form-fitted pencil skirt features side split detailing for a touch of sophisticated and modern edge. We told you that colour has a place in the next few months…mainly when it comes to pastels.
- The faux leather: As we’ve discussed a couple of times before, ever since leather and faux leather goodies hit the marker, they became endlessly trending items. Rendered in slick faux leather, this calf-grazing skirt from MSGM sets a stylish foundation for fashion-forward looks. Wear it with deeply cutted soft sweaters and sleek pumps.
- The gold: Apparently gold isn’t just for winter holidays anymore, and frankly, I could not be happeier. MSGM uses gold lamé to make you badly crave this ’80s inspired midi skirt. This dazzling style is pleated and sits high on the waist for a flattering silhouette. Make it stand out by styling yours with a black top and accessories. And remember, we are golden!
- The embellished: Are you in need of a standout piece for fall? This dazzling bronze-tone embellishment adds a futuristic twist to this flirty full skirt from the one and only Kenzo. Team with a cropped knit pullover and pointy toe pumps and enjoy the 100% wool being offset by shiny sequins.
- The assymetric: An unusual combination of pretty pink satin and plum coloured wool we are witnessing in this mixed 3.1 Phillip skirt. If you wish to make a twist in your daily outfits, incorporate this cool assymetric style to your wardrobe this fall.
- The prints: Here’s some great news about fall 2014; it isn’t boring and it’s official. Mary Katrantzou’s high waisted skirt speaks of crisp pleats and whimsical symbols, yet adding a dash of avant-garde to basic pieces such as suedes brouges and simpe T-s and sweaters.
- The denim: Tired of simple denim pieces? The patchwork designs are Junya Watanabe’s signature. This denim midi skirt is appliquéd with tartan twill, tweed, felt and sequins. Keep it in focus with a simple sweater and sporty sneakers and look cooler than ever before.
So which type of midi skirt is your favourite? I’m beyond curious, so don’t forget to let me know and have a chat about it!