Haven’t you ladies all daydreamed about a new season of Sex and the City? Although our screens are no longer graced with new episodes of our favourite fashionistas of NYC, Sarah Jessica Parker a.k.a Carrie Bradshaw keeps setting trends. Take a peek at some of the memorable looks of the designer’s favourite muse and in the meanwhile, enjoy some interesting facts.
So who is your ultimate fashion icon, ladies? Let me guess! Sarah Jessica Parker? As being one of the trendiest women of the now, the queen of glam knows no faux pas. Her personal style really comes from within; whether it’s the most excessive ball gown or a trashy pair of ragged jeans, SJP sparkles no matter what. As Carrie, the fashion-forward idol created a way of dressing, talking and living that was and still is emulated and followed by dozens of women. She transformed the way we talk about sex, handling dating websites, think about love & friendship and feel about shoes (heels). We can actually thank her a lot so pay homage to her divine style!
Check out some of the coolest SJP looks:
This tailored The Row blazer is your ultimate wardrobe staple. It can be worn to boost an elegant business look but also to rock your ragged denim jeans and studded pointed flats.
Layer upon layer of smooth silk-chiffon are coloured intensely in navy blue, bringing a dramatic feel to the most sophisticated silhouette of all. This is the gown in which you will feel like the queen of queen’s even if you are not heading to amfAR’s NYC Gala.
This lovely red dress is the perfect summer choice for any occasions. Wear it with pumps for a chic walk around the city or for a flirty evening!
Jean-Michel Cazabat grey tejus (lizardskin) pointed-toe Erika pumps will be your new best friends even during the weekdays. Match these pumps with a fitted dress just like SJP did!
Read some interesting facts about SJP:
– In 2000, Parker hosted the MTV Movie Awards, appearing in fourteen different outfits during the show.
– She is tiny; only 160 cm.
– In February 2014, Parker started the SJP collection, a bag-and footwear line sold exclusively at Nordstrom.
– Parker runs her own production company, Pretty Matches, which has been creating content for HBO and other channels since 2009.
– She is on the board of The New York City Ballet and is a UNICEF Ambassador and fundraises for New York schools.
– Sarah Jessica Parker is expected to appear in one of the two main roles in a forthcoming TV series called Busted.
– Her confession: ‘For ten or so years, I literally ran in heels. I worked 18-hour days and never took them off.’